Point system of the School of Nanophotonics
The research activities of the CRC are accompanied by a strong educational component, which is provided by the School of Nanophotonics (SON). One of the key elements of the SON is its interdisciplinary and international character and the strong educational networking between the project partners of the CRC and those abroad. Hence, the SON not only financially supports the attendance of its students on national and international conferences and workshops but also enables scientific research exchanges of longer duration.
In order to evaluate the successful participation of the individual doctoral student in the SON, we established a point system as described in the following. Seven of such SON points represent the minimum for a successful participation, which is finally honored with a certificate of completion.
- PhD student seminar : 2 + 2 SON points (2 points per semester)
- Block Seminar in Graal-Müritz : 2 SON points
- Nanophotonic Day : 1 SON point
- CRC-relevant lectures : 1 SON point (per semester)
- Transferable Skills Program : 1 SON point (per workshop)
- iNOW  participation: 1 SON point
An attendance of at least 80% is required for a successful completion of the PhD student seminar, while SON points for lectures are assigned by the lectures.